Friday, September 18, 2009

Developing interest in social networks- Ireland

Great news this week from Facebook which now boasts an impressive 1million ireland based users! 1 million is a hell of a lot of Irish people.
781k of these have used their facebook account in the past 7 days making it a huge actively engaged client base.
Of that 55% are now in the over 35 age bracket so it's no longer about pimply spotty teeenagers getting their kicks on the weekend.
For me the facebook tipping point really came when my mother joined up. Now she is on facebook, so is her boyfriend, so are my two sisters, their boyfriends & fiances.
My brother is not my friend on facebook but that is cool cos he is currently following me on twitter. I sneakily started following him on twitter but he caught me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment