Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cabbage Soup

So what's new... the bloody cold weather has us reaching for the extra duvets and turning on the electric blanket.

The chilly weather meant that sneaking to bed early under the duvets felt a bit like being the grandparents in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory.

Only without the cabbage soup. Well almost....

The twin drives to save money and to save calories are coming together now.

We had a good clean out of my cupboards in Dublin to discover I had no less than five packs of stuffing mix. Something I was obviously craving!

Ella came up with some super tips too.

I ate the soup ( not cabbage soup of course!) we made for lunch all during the week which was good. Though I'm not sure the chicken we put in it was ok. It tasted weirdly strongly of chicken. Ella suggested that a good dose of food poisoning would help the cause. But this is really not a good way to either lose weight or save money.

We decided to team a number of diets together in the hope that a total detox would really get our New Year off to a fantastic start.

So, if we take the activia challenge and also the Special K challenge we should really be super healthy. With the added bonuses of amazing digestive systems!

I did think about moving my biggest meal of the day to lunchtime but the erratic selection of food I tend to find for lunch is a problem. Sometimes I don't even have time to move away from the desk for lunch.

Perhaps the cabbage soup diet is the way to go after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment