Saturday, January 10, 2009

Recession Session

The weekend shall now be dedicated to saving moola and organising my life.

I even went so far as to travel to Dun Laoghaire today. Met a friend for coffee and then did a little shopping in Pennys.

Pennys, is, i'm discovering, the new mecca for frugal fashionistas in Ireland. I found some real bargains. A T shirt for two yoyo will see me cutting quite a dash playing indoor soccor tommorrow. It was packed with cool looking student types, long legs and long hair. I found a pair of shoes for five yoyo and some belts for only one yoyo each. Totally bargainous! And before you ask I didn't spend loads!

On the way home I chickened out of cleaning the car all on my own. I know, I know it's a great workout but it's fecking freezing out! So I compromised by getting the cheapest possible car wash. It was an excruciatingly painful eight yoyos and only seemed to last about 30 seconds.

I wasn't much impressed by it to be honest. It got the thickest layers off the car but left a lot to be desired.

Not like the shine, I always got from the guys who cleaned my car in Dubai.
Real workmanship that was, those guys took pride in cleaning the old car.

The machine in Merrion did not seem to have much desire to please. It left a large lump of bird shit or something on the roof of the 206. And there were still some grimy bits on the mirrors etc. I'll have to give it a bit of elbow grease yet. Maybe I should have gone for the car wash one stage up?

I then hoovered it myself. Big change for me. I mean I don't think there is a need to call the UN over infringements of my human rights, not like that wagon who wrote about her terrible life since the recession made her cop on, in last weeks Indo weekend. It was a good workout though and hopefully it will be nice to sit in a car and see out the windows for a change!

I ended up driving all over ringsend looking for a bottle bank! Still no luck. Hope the car doesn't end yup smelling like a brewery! Normally i wouldn't mind but i'm off the drink for the rest of Jan too so that would be no fun at all.

Now I've another pot of veg soup on the boil. Made a fabulous omlette for dinner with cheese, pasta sauce, wholegrain mustard and a bit of bell pepper. It was lovely! Herself would be proud.


Better go check on the soup! Let's hope it tastes better than last weeks...

See you later folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment